Classifieds websites can be general or focused to one niche. On general classifieds you will have many categories and locations. On medium niche classifieds website you may have some category and locations, and on small niche classifieds website you do not need to have any categories at all if your site is focused on one topic only.
As an example for small niche classifieds website can be: job board for programmers; pet classifieds like dog, cat or horse, property classifieds for some local real estate agency, car classifieds for dealer with inventory up to 100 cars. Small niche websites are good for getting highly targeted visitors and has earning potential bigger than general classifieds in term of earning per ad. For example for a niche job board you can charge 30$ per ad and having 30 ads posted per month will make 900$ income on average. However it will work only if you have focused traffic and reputable background like industry related established business.
As an example to small niche classifieds website can be http://kariyer.webrazzi.com/, job board for tech related blog like Techcrunch in Turkiye. It charges 120$ (250TL) per ad x 50 ads per month = 6000$ on average income per month.
In this tutorial we will describe how to set up Classibase Classifieds script for small niche website without any category. After installing classifieds script follow these steps:
Remove all categories from admin panel
Navigate to “Manage” -> “Categories” page on admin panel and delete categories by clicking delete button. View tutorial for how to delete categories.
Add custom fields
- Navigate to “Manage” -> “Category custom fields” page from admin.
- Click “Add new” and select “All locations” , “All categories”. Then click “Submit” button.
- New page will load. Drag fields you want to display from “Available fields” to “Submit form” and drop in order you want.
- Click on “S” next to fields on “Submit form” to make field searchable. Click “L” button to make field value visible on ad listings
- Click “Save” button at the bottom of page
Add latest ads to front page and link to all ads
- Navigate to “Appearance” -> “Widgets” page from admin panel
- Click on “Pages” tab on top right cornet
- Inside “Home Page” area you will see existing widgets.
- Click on “Edit” link on “Ads: Latest ads” widget. If there is no Ads widget then drag one from “Available Widgets” area to “Home Page”, then click “Edit”.
- Set title and other options. And at the bottom select checkbox “Display View more link”.
- Click “Save”.
Now if you navigate to home page on front end you will see “View more” at the bottom of latest ads.