UsingClassibase Child themes

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help UsingClassibase Child themes

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pascuale 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pascuale

Hi guys,

During my days working with WordPress themes, I commonly used the method of Child themes to customize my themes. Child themes can be very useful if handled appropriately.

I wonder if we can create child themes from the classibase theme, so we can work out some customs changes within the script itself, while not loosing these changes when a new version update comes.

Pascuale

#911 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Child themes are good idea, we thought about it before. Child theme is good if theme has its own functions that can be used in child theme. In our case if you for example create child theme and edit ad.php file. Then on next update we change ad.php file, your child theme will not reflect update because it will use its own ad.php file. So using child theme is not that much usable in this case. Only way it can be useful when you change ad.php and we update other file, then you do not have to change anything and your child theme will be up to date.

It is good idea but we are not planning to add it any time soon. It is good to have but not must have feature for us.

change-theme-folder-name

Currently if you want to make changes to theme you can:

1. copy and rename existing theme folder located in user-content/themes/. Make sure to use unique name that cannot be overwritten with other new theme, for example add prefix that is unique to you.
    2. Edit info.php file to change theme name.
    3. Then you can change any file within theme.
    #915 Reply

Pascuale

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback regarding child themes. Good explanation on how to manage themes changes. I will follow your advise. 🙂

Pascuale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: UsingClassibase Child themes
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .