User Image Folders

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help User Image Folders

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

totranquilo
    Participant

// user image folders
    define(‘UPLOAD_LIMIT’, (102400 * 10)); //1024000byte -> 1024 KB
    define(‘UPLOAD_ROOT’, FROG_ROOT . ‘/user-content/uploads’);
    define(‘UPLOAD_URL’, URL_PUBLIC . ‘user-content/uploads’);
    define(“IMAGEMAGICK_PATH”, “/usr/bin/”);

Main field: 1domain.com
    Secondary Domain: 2domain.com

I wonder in this case I am using the same database for both site or whatever is posted on 1domain.com while repeated in 2domain.com

What I really want is to share the directory of the user sending images in both sites to share between yes.

The database is running smoothly in separate domains, however was unable to change the path of the images.

#1448 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

If both domains on same server then you can try defining UPLOAD_ROOT for domain2.com to to point to same root that domain1.com uses.

Learn full path for image folder on domain1.com, say for example it is /home/user/domains/domain1.com/public_html/user-content/uploads. then change

define(‘UPLOAD_ROOT’, FROG_ROOT . ‘/user-content/uploads’);

on domain2.com to

define(‘UPLOAD_ROOT’, ‘/home/user/domains/domain1.com/public_html/user-content/uploads’);

Also if you are using exactly same site and want it to be used with domain1.com and domain2.com then create domain1.com regularly, then add domain2.com as alias for domain1.com. And you will not have to change anything. Both domains will work and user will stay on same domain accessing same website.

#1457 Reply

totranquilo
    Participant

I did as the tutorial tells unfortunately without success, would not be able to add in a new version the option to modify the path of the example images to a media server eg ws amazon

#1458 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Explained method should work if both sites on same server with same apache user. In case you want us to investigate on your server you can send your server details to us via contact form.

Regarding remote image hosting it requires a lot of extra work and will slow down for small to medium size sites. We are not planing to add such feature for now. In case you want such feature using remote image server you can hide dedicated developer via freelance sites.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: User Image Folders
Your information: