Script customization and coding

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums Presale questions Script customization and coding

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ravi

Dear:

We are evaluating software for a classifed ad system, and it seems the
    classibase minimalist (or even osclass)theme looks the right fit. I have a few questions regarding customization of this theme(and was wondering if you could help!):

1> I needed a menu bar with the following items:
    HOme, Categories, All Ads, Post Ads, Support/Contact, Forum.

These are menu item for the site, and for all the menu items, the
    carousel of featured ads runs through. Home menu item has Only a carousel,
    and latest ads, Category has a carousel and categories, All ads (has carousel
    and all ads), Post ads (self explanatory has no carousel, but posting ads),
    Support (has support/Contact information), and Forum(links to a Forum
    component – which is a php module, that is a bulletin board).

2> Search modules on left side bar

3> Also do you have (Hot/Discount/Sold) support for the ads?

I can send a template for the site – and you could have a look, and let me know, if its possible, or read this pre sales (a little long note!).

thanks in anticipation,

R

#1610 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

I will answer regarding Classibase because Osclass is free script which we built only theme for it. Osclass theme supports only existing Osclass features, nothing more.

1> I needed a menu bar with the following items:
    HOme, Categories, All Ads, Post Ads, Support/Contact, Forum.

We do not dedicated menu widget but you can use text widget and Paste custom HTML in it. You need to know some HTML and CSS for it.

Regarding carousel, latest ads on home page it can be done with widgets. For home page we have dedicated page designer which will define what will be displayed there.

On other pages you can use widgets in specific widget locations. Usually it is on sidebar or above and below content. You can define on which pages any widget will be shown by page type. Current page types are: Home page, Category page, User page, Ad page, Ad posting page, Info page.

2> Search modules on left side bar

Please read http://classibase.com/how-to-place-google-adsense-ads-on-classibase-classifieds-script/ this tutorial to learn how to place widget. In same manner you can place search widget on sidebar.

3> Also do you have (Hot/Discount/Sold) support for the ads?
    No we have “Featured” ad only. There is no support for other types for now.

Regarding custom work, we do not do custom work. We sell Classibase script as off shelf solution, we can explain certain thins in general if you want to modify script but you will need to hire dedicated developer for all custom work from Elance or similar website.

Regards.

#1611 Reply

Ravi

One final customization questio, suppose I need currency support for
    a currency symbol not in the paypal database – for instance symbol
    name (ALT, or LTC) is there any way I can do this, ie add a list of
    currencies not in the standard database?

thanks

R

#1613 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

If you want to display price for items on site then it is not related to Paypal and can be any currency. If you want to accept payment for featured ads or listing ad in certain categories then only paypal supported currencies accepted you cannot use any other currency.

#1614 Reply

Ravi

So, in the admin backend I can enter currencies such as: ALT, LTC, DGE,
    PTC, and they will be displayed as a choices in the ad, right, thanks,

R

#1616 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

You can define only one currency. There is no support for multiple currencies. For example if you list items in $ (USD) all listings will display $ price for all currency related custom fields (item price, apartment, price, car price, apartment rent etc.) in all categories. If you define £ (GBP) then it will be only currency. There is no currency conversion. And this currencies are not related with paypal payment method.

In any case we suggest you try our online demo for testing how currencies defined and work. Also you can purchase script and test it on your server and in case script is not meeting your requirement then you can request refund within 60 days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Script customization and coding
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .