Refine category option in search

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums Minimalist Osclass Theme Refine category option in search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hitesh

I want to add an option for refine category in minimalist theme so that website visitors can search according to states and category also, just like the feature which is available as in bender theme

Can you explain how to do that?

#1821 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Can you bit more specific? I don’t see much difference between bender and minimalist oszclass theme in terms of search refinement. On bender categories displayed as link and on click it navigates to that category with same search parameters.

Is that is what you want or there is something else?

#1832 Reply

Hitesh

In bender theme search is little more advanced as, when we navigate to a particular state in bender theme then it has a Refine Category option which search ads only from the particular state in which we are navigation while Minimalist theme have checkbox for category which search for specific category of ads across whole website

That is in bender theme region_id is automatically passed during search while in minimalist theme, no Region_ID is passed and thus search result include all classified from whole website.

#1840 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

We added region id to search form on sidebar and released new version of theme 1.4. You can download it from http://classibase.com/minimalist-free-responsive-osclass-theme/

Also we couldn’t find that bender theme which uses region id. We checked bender theme versions 1.1 and 0.9.

#1864 Reply

Hitesh

Thank you very much for the update.Actually I have already cutomised my minimalist theme and my site is live,so is there any way to upgrade theme by keeping my customisation settings intact?If not, then can you kindly inform required changes to be made to specific files, manually?
    That will be very helpful.

#1867 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

2 changes done for keeping region id in search form. Edit /minimalist/functions.php file append following code to the end of this file.

if(!function_exists('clb_minimalist_theme_search_region_id'))
    {

function clb_minimalist_theme_search_region_id()
    	{
    		$regionID = '';
    		if(osc_search_region() != '')
    		{
    			$aRegion = Region::newInstance()->findByName(osc_search_region());
    			if(isset($aRegion['pk_i_id']))
    			{
    				$regionID = $aRegion['pk_i_id'];
    			}
    		}
    		return $regionID;
    	}

}

then edit /minimalist/search.php file line 297 change
    <input type="hidden" id="sRegion" name="sRegion" value="" />

to
    <input type="hidden" id="sRegion" name="sRegion" value="<?php echo clb_minimalist_theme_search_region_id(); ?>" />

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Refine category option in search
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .