Skip to main content

New account email verification not getting sent, all other emails are…

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help New account email verification not getting sent, all other emails are…

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kevin Breen
    Participant

When I post an ad, the email to verify gets sent, and when I test the mail server in settings, I get the confirmation email, but for whatever reason, when a new user goes to sign up on my account, the confirmation email never gets sent. I’ve had multiple people try it on multiple computers, checking all folders, spam, trash, etc., and nothing ever shows for new account emails. Any idea what the problem could be or how to fix it?

#7274 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

If new post email and other emails are sent and received without problem but only new account verification email is not sent then it might be problem with mail template. Can you check “Settings” -> “Email templates” page “Account verification mail” tab. Maybe it has empty subject or body fields.

I do not think it is related to your mail settings but you can try changing your server settings to regular php mail, SMPT gmail or SMTP mail.ru or some other provider. I use mail.ru SMTP and if email is not delivered to recipient we get error report to our inbox address defined in “SMTP user” field on “Settings” -> “Mail server” page.

Let us know if issue resolved. Regards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: New account email verification not getting sent, all other emails are…
Your information:

• Classifieds Business Newsletter

Get discounts and tips about growing your classifieds website.

Subscribe