Issues when using IE 7 browser

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help Issues when using IE 7 browser

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pascuale

HI Guys,

just noticed that when I use IE7 browser, the website works strange:

– All the changes made in my custom styles are not recognized. (firefox OK)
    – The category list in the homepage is not shown in 4 columns, just one column with all the categories and subcategories. (firefox OK)

Are there any incompatibility issues with IE.?

What should I do to fix this… and have the right display both in firefox
    and IE.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
    Pascuale

#942 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

IE7 has incompatibility with inline-block CSS style. We used for multicolumn category javascript file inline-block styles. inline-block works from IE8 and up.

We added CSS hack to make it work for IE7. Please download updated javascript file “setNumColumns.2.js” and apply as described here. (link to file is updated on that post)

http://classibase.com/forums/topic/how-to-customize-home-page-category-list/#post-898

Regarding custom CSS please make sure that they are supported by IE7. check compatability from http://caniuse.com/ site.

#943 Reply

Pascuale

Hi Guys,

I tried with the new javascript, I downloaded it from the link in previous message as indicated, but it does not seem to work. It works fine in Firefox, but in IE7, it shows three columns for one second, and then display all the categories in one single column with no respect of the footer line (it is overwritten by the category contents). Can you please verify that the javascript update was actually linked to the old message, and if so, what could be a next step to sort it out.?

Regarding the css , yes, I checked with the site you provided, and one of the styles I am using is not supported in IE7 (border-radius). I applied this to all the category titles, post ad and search button. In IE it just displays no rounded border. But that’s ok. I think I can live with it. 🙂

Thanks for your support,
    Pascuale

#950 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Yes javascript is updated. it has extra styles zoom: 1;*display: inline;_height: 250px; on line 22.

It works on our localhost. We tested if with IE10 using “Developer tools F12”, then selecting IE7 as rendering style.

Are you testing it with stand alone IE7?

Again only way we can see problem is if you provide link to your test site. We cannot access it on your localhost.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Issues when using IE 7 browser
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .