Import locations with UTF8 characters from text file

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help Import locations with UTF8 characters from text file

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ClassiBase 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Antonio Marcos

hello when I import the location, if the words are pronounced, the import does not recognize accents and makes the incorrect import.

How can we fix that importing has the ability to import accented words

Ex: Action – imported when the system only matter to put the permanent link are ok but the description does not

#1330 Reply

totranquilo
    Participant

I need your help – Import Location

Hello I have over 5,600 locations from Brazil to be imported, all are already in default as to be imported into the script, however when I did a test found that the import does not matter accented words for description table of localizção nio database.

I would like a solution has states that are over 800 cities imagine if I have to open the admin panel one by one to correct the translation.

Do I have to imfportação these locations, put them with the correct accent.

#1333 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

We tested your text file and it is ANSI encoded, please use notepad++ (from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and save your file as “UTF8-without BOM” format from “Encoding”-> “Convert to UTF8-without BOM” menu and then save.

Then upload UTF8 file with locations from “Tools” -> “Import data” menu, “Import locations” section. Now it should recognize all accents and other UTF8 characters.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Import locations with UTF8 characters from text file
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .