How to set drop-down lists to all child categories

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help How to set drop-down lists to all child categories

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dmitry Grunt 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dmitry Grunt
    Participant

I have main category – Cars with child categories by model names – Daewoo, Toyota, BMW etc.
    Cars have drop down lists with features – –°olor (Red, Blue, Black etc), Transmission (manual, automatic), Car body types (Cupe, Sedan etc).

But now i can’t set –°olor, Transmission, Car body type for ALL car models at once, need to set drop down field for EACH car model one by one. It can take very long time with hundreds of car models.

Please give advice how to set properties in more simple way?

PS It’s just an example with cars, many other product categories need fields inheritance.

#2427 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

You can set custom fields to parent category. In your example it is Cars category. All custom fields will be available for subcategories as well.

But if you add any other custom filed for example to BMW if you add custom field specific to it then BMW subcategory will have custom fields defined to it not to cars.

So if all custom fields are same for all subcategories then you can set them in parent category.

Let us know if this will not work. We can check it on your website.

#2433 Reply

Dmitry Grunt
    Participant

Thank you! It works as you said.
    When i removed all drop down fields from main category – “Transport”, drop down filds from its subcategory “Cars” start to work for all child – “Car Models”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How to set drop-down lists to all child categories
Your information: