August 28, 2013 at 05:28 #748
I’m planning to have only and only one category in my whole site.
1) Is there a way to hide the category list altogether so that when you go to the main page, you immediately see the related custom fields (search)?
2) Is there a way to avoid the first step of choosing a category before posting an ad?August 28, 2013 at 08:08 #764
Yes you can remove categories by deleting them from “Manage” -> “Categories” page. After deleting all categories category field will not be displayed when posting a new ad.
Displaying custom search fields on home page is currently not available we plan to add it in our next release. (planned release in 24 hours)
Listing ads without any category is not available as well, we plan to add it in our next release. (planned release in 24 hours)September 1, 2013 at 20:31 #817
I still can’t display my custom search fields on home page, after update.
Am I missing something?September 1, 2013 at 22:27 #819
Moreover, it’s impossible to post an add with custom fields, without a category.September 2, 2013 at 13:16 #820
We are preparing tutorial for your request,
Meanwhile here is quick guide:
- After loggin deleting all categories navigate to “Manage” -> “Category custom fields” page from admin.
- Click “Add new” and select “All locations” , “All categories”then “Submit”
- New page will load. Drag fields you wnat to display from “Available fields” to “Submit form” and drop in order you want.
- Click on “S” next to fields on “Submit form” to make field searchanbe. Click “L” button to make field value visible on ad listings
- Click “Save” button at the bottom of page
Now navigate to front page and click “Post ad” button you will see custom fields when adding new listing. Add couple test listings then navigate to home page. you will see custom search form .
Make sure you are using classibase version 1.4.2 and latest theme version as well. If you want that we do all this for you then give us your site login details via contact us form.
Regards.September 2, 2013 at 13:53 #822
Thank you. It works perfectly! That’s exactly what I wanted.