How to remove catagories from showing?

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help How to remove catagories from showing?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  goiran sputnik 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

goiran sputnik
    Participant

I’m planning to have only and only one category in my whole site.

1) Is there a way to hide the category list altogether so that when you go to the main page, you immediately see the related custom fields (search)?

2) Is there a way to avoid the first step of choosing a category before posting an ad?

#764 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Yes you can remove categories by deleting them from “Manage” -> “Categories” page. After deleting all categories category field will not be displayed when posting a new ad.

Displaying custom search fields on home page is currently not available we plan to add it in our next release. (planned release in 24 hours)

Listing ads without any category is not available as well, we plan to add it in our next release. (planned release in 24 hours)

#817 Reply

goiran sputnik
    Participant

I still can’t display my custom search fields on home page, after update.
    Am I missing something?

#819 Reply

goiran sputnik
    Participant

Moreover, it’s impossible to post an add with custom fields, without a category.

#820 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

We are preparing tutorial for your request,

Meanwhile here is quick guide:

1. After loggin deleting all categories navigate to “Manage” -> “Category custom fields” page from admin.
    2. Click “Add new” and select “All locations” , “All categories”then “Submit”
    3. New page will load. Drag fields you wnat to display from “Available fields” to “Submit form” and drop in order you want.
    4. Click on “S” next to fields on “Submit form” to make field searchanbe. Click “L” button to make field value visible on ad listings
    5. Click “Save” button at the bottom of page

Now navigate to front page and click “Post ad” button you will see custom fields when adding new listing. Add couple test listings then navigate to home page. you will see custom search form .

Make sure you are using classibase version 1.4.2 and latest theme version as well. If you want that we do all this for you then give us your site login details via contact us form.

Regards.

#822 Reply

goiran sputnik
    Participant

Thank you. It works perfectly! That’s exactly what I wanted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to remove catagories from showing?
Your information: