How does the separator widget work?

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help How does the separator widget work?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melchior 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Melchior
    Participant

Hi,

I want to add a call-to action image above a carrousel on my home page. For that purpose I’m adding a ‘text’ and an ‘ads’ widget in the content top section of the home page.

In order to separate the above 2 widgets, if I add a ‘seperator’ widget in between, nothing happens. I understand that this widget is used to separate between 2 horizontal widgets, but I actually can’t get it to work.

Is there a tutorial of a short explanation as to how the ‘seperator’ widget actually works?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Regards,

Melchior.

#1087 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

If you put separator widget after 2 widgets (text, ads) then you will get 2 boxes at the top side by side.

If you put separator between them nothing will happen.

Separator widget groups widgets appearing before separator.
    So if you put

• 2 widget then separator you will get 2 side by side boxes
    • 3 widgets then separator you will get 3 side by side boxes
    • 4 widgets then separator you will get 4 side by side boxes

Separator widget will work only if there are at least 2 widgets before it and if it is located on top or bottom widget areas. Top and Bottom widget areas are wide that is why separator will work there. Side widget areas are narrow that is why there is no use of separator there.

#1091 Reply

Melchior
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It makes complete sense and solves my problem.

Cheers,

Melchior.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How does the separator widget work?
Your information: