Skip to main content

Google Map is not showing on the ad page

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help Google Map is not showing on the ad page

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Chung 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tom Chung
    Participant

I have posted this subject a few weeks ago but for some reason my post is gone. So I am posting it again.

My problem is that google map is not showing the address field in ad. Browser console says “Geocoding Service: This API project is not authorized to use this API.”. I had this problem in my other projects but it has gone or got fixed after a while. But in this project it persistantly stays there and will not show the map.

Has there anybody has the same problem? Is there something has done in the script?

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

#7474 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Can you check if you enabled geocoding for your project in google as described here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/geocoding

Before using the Geocoding service in the Maps JavaScript API, first ensure that the Geocoding API is enabled in the Google Cloud Platform Console, in the same project you set up for the Maps JavaScript API.

To view your list of enabled APIs:

1. Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
    2. Click the Select a project button, then select the same project you set up for the Maps JavaScript API and click Open.
    3. From the list of APIs on the Dashboard, look for Geocoding API.
    4. If you see the API in the list, you’re all set. If the API is not listed, enable it:
    a. At the top of the page, select ENABLE API to display the Library tab. Alternatively, from the left side menu, select Library.
    b. Search for Geocoding API, then select it from the results list.
    c. Select ENABLE. When the process finishes, Geocoding API appears in the list of APIs on the Dashboard.

#7478 Reply

Tom Chung
    Participant

Thanks for detailed information. As mentioned “Geocoding API” was not enabled for my project and after enabling it I can see now the maps on my pages. When I look back, I should’ve known it.

Problem solved. Thanks again. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Google Map is not showing on the ad page
Your information:

• Classifieds Business Newsletter

Get discounts and tips about growing your classifieds website.

Subscribe