Display a single widget

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help Display a single widget

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  info 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

info

I would like to display a single widget (widget pages/info) at the bottom (div footer) of the page. For now, I’m using the content_bottom area and modified the template layout for this purpose. So, can I display a single widget? How can I do it?
    Thank you.

#1109 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Are you asking how to add widget to content_bottom widget are?

Then you can follow http://classibase.com/how-to-display-subcategories-on-category-page/ this tutorial or in short follow these steps.

1. Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets on “Admin panel”
    2. Open “Content bottom” widget area at the bottom rigth of page.
    3. Drag “Text” widget from “Available widgets” to “Content bottom” widget area with your mouse.
    4. Click on edit next to Text widget, popup window will open.
    5. Put text you want to display. Also if you want to use HTML or PHP select appropriate text type from select box below text area.
    6. Also tick pages on which you do not want to display current text widget.
    7. Click “Save” button and check your website for changes.

If this is not what you asked, then please clarify and let me know.

Regards.

#1117 Reply

info

Sorry I did not explain myself clearly before.
    It’s not how to add widget to defined areas. My question is if it is possible to add widget to an area that is not predefined in Admin panel.
    I would like to add page widget (i. e. pages links) to the page footer, and not to the sidebar.
    Most close to area is the “Content bottom” but that would make this widget area unavailable for other stuff, such as adsense.
    Can I call a specific widget (widget pages) with some <?php ?> code? What code?
    Thank you very much.

#1127 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

To define new widget location follow these steps. Lets assume you wan to add widget location content_bottom2:

1. Add new widget location to /user-content/themes/YOURTHEME/info.php file like this, after content_bottom.
      'content_bottom' => array(
      			'title' => __('Content bottom'),
      			'description' => __('After content and sides')
      		),
      'content_bottom2' => array(
      			'title' => __('Content bottom 2'),
      			'description' => __('After content and sides')
      		)
    2. Then on /user-content/themes/YOURTHEME/layout/frontend.php file add widget location to any place you want widgets to appear this code.

<?php echo Widget::renderThemeLocation('content_bottom2', $this->vars, '<div class="{id} wide" role="complementary">{content}</div>'); ?>

3. Also you can add this widget location to any of view files as well if you want.
    4. Then add any widget to new location same way as you add widgets to any location from admin panel.

Let me know if you have any problems implementing it.

#1147 Reply

info

Thank you.
    It worked perfectly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Display a single widget
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .