Change background color in theme

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums Tips and tricks Change background color in theme

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Za Kene 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

How to change background color in theme? which files to edit?

q12

#542 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

To change background color of main content you can add custom CSS code to theme. For this task you need to have some CSS knowledge. To do this go to perform following steps:

1. Go to Apperance -> Themes in admin panel
    2. Click “Customize” button for theme you want to edit
    3. On opened page go to “Custom styles” tab on left panel and write custom CSS code in opened textfield
    4. For Mukuzik theme to change background color of main content add .content{background-color:#600;}

custom-css-theme

To find which HTML element to change use “Element Inspector” on Google Chrome. Right click on element you want to add custom CSS and click on “Inspect Element” context menu. From opened elemen ispector select html element and related CSS styles will be displayed on right.

Find-HTML-CSS-element-with-chrome

#1261 Reply

Za Kene
    Participant

Hi,
    I use a Mukuzik theme. But I find it difficult to change the background color.
    I want to set the background to white (# ffffff), and the text color to black (#000000) in the ad content.
    Can you help me give php code that I want the settings, if you do not mind please include also screen shoot.
    Thank you.

#1266 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Ok, Paste following code to “Custom Styles” field displayed in above image. This will make your background white and text black. You may need to tweak code further.

.content {color:#000; background:#fff;}
    .content a,
    .content h1,
    .content h2,
    .content h3,
    .content h4,
    .content h5
    {color:#000;}
    .content a:hover
    {color:#333;}
    .post_details .contact{background:#eee;}
    .content a.button,
    .content a.button:hover
    {color:#fff;}
    #1460 Reply

Za Kene
    Participant

Hi,
    I use a mukuzik theme, with the main color #a60c69, and text color #000000.
    How do I change the font color on the icons featured, but still retains the black color in the main text.
    In the featured icons, I want to change the font to white. Which values ​​should be changed?

Thank You.

#1464 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

For changing featured label background use following CSS in Custom Styles as displayed here http://classibase.com/forums/topic/change-background-color-in-theme/#post-542

.featured_label{background-color:#00ff00 !important;color:#000000;}

!important is used because background for featured icon is set by main color later in the code. !important prevent any other setting to overwrite here defined background-color value.

#1535 Reply

Za Kene
    Participant

Hi,

Is Classifieds Base theme can also change the color?
    I want to change:
    1. Widget title (background is black, and font color is yellow)
    2. Widget body (background is yellow, and font color is black)
    What values ​​should be changed?

Thank You.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Change background color in theme
Your information: