Categories widget display issue

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help Categories widget display issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melchior 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Melchior
    Participant

Hi,

While setting up categories on my home page, I have encountered a strange behavior of the categories widget. It is set up in Fixed 2 levels display and hide title is unchecked.

The issue is that depending where the longest category parent item is positioned, it alters the alignment of the next row of categories.

I’ve attached the 2 following screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Incorrect categories display

Correct categories display

I don’t know if this is normal but if yes, then this means that category ordering is not fully functional, at least IMHO.

Thanks is advance for your help,

Regards,

Melchior.

#1143 Reply

Melchior
    Participant

This time with the defective screenshot 🙂

Incorrect categories display

#1145 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Yes it is float left behavior. Because transport category is longer than multimedia housing stuck under multimedia instead of going under property category. To fix you can use one of followign solutions:

• Rearrange categories s it will float properly. In your case move transport category after multimedia.
    • Write custom CSS and use display:inline-block; float:none; instead of float:left; which will work in most modern browsers. We may imlement this approach in future.
    • Use javascript like it is used in Olxer theme. For now you can paste this custom javascript into “Settings”->”Header/footer” page on admin panel, “Custom footer” field:
      function columnizeCats(obj)
      {
      	// init columnizer with 200 px 
      	var $obj = $(obj);
      	if ($obj.length)
      	{
      		$.ajaxSetup({cache: true});
      		// load carousel javascript
      		$.getScript(URL_PUBLIC + 'public/js/jquery.columnizer.js', function() {
      			$obj.children().css({float: 'none', width: 'auto', margin: '10px 0'}).addClass('dontsplit');
      			$obj.columnize({width: 180, lastNeverTallest: true});
      		});
      		$.ajaxSetup({cache: false});
      	}
      }

addLoadEvent(function(){columnizeCats('.content .widget_categories .widget_body ul:first,.content .widget_locations .widget_body ul:first');});
    • Use Olxer theme instad, which has columnizer already implemented.
    #1149 Reply

Melchior
    Participant

Thanks again for the super-fast answer.

Your support is truly amazing, keep up the good work.

Regards,

Melchior.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Categories widget display issue
Your information: