How can I order in category per last updated instead posted on

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums General help How can I order in category per last updated instead posted on

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Chung 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WiltonDrive

Hello support, I am a registered user, but for some reason, can not log in today.

Here is my question.

I would like to sort my ads on category by updated date, last updated on top of the list. This way I might motivate the people to update their sites more often. Also give the people option to ranked higher. This is because my site is more web directory as classifieds.

Can you give me some idea, where I can I make changes in source code? Or can it be achieved in simple way?

Thanks

#2059 Reply

ClassiBase
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is no built in way of doing it, you have to edit source code to order by last updated date. This guide is given using Classibase version 1.7.6 (published on 2014.09.11).

Edit /sys/app/controllers/IndexController.php file line 388 change ad.published_at to ad.updated_at. This will change order in category listings.

And /sys/app/models/Ad.php file line 2204 change ad.published_at to ad.updated_at. This will change order in widgets.

#2073 Reply

Tom Chung
    Participant

Thanks you very much for fast and adequate support.

I really love your program and it is the best in its category. So much brain and work invested, just wondering how you can manage answering all these questions and same time doing programming job.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How can I order in category per last updated instead posted on
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .