Tagged: New Account Email Template
December 2, 2018 at 17:18 #7521
Hello. I have noticed something unusual and wondering if I am interpreting it in wrong way or is there something going on in the email process.
Let us replicate what I did step by step.
1. Admin adds a new user and approves automatically.
2. I was expecting the user gets the email “New Account” saying “We have created a user account for managing your ads. … Please change your password on login”.
But instead the new user receives an “Account Verification Email” which says “Thank you for registering with …”.
3. Assuming it is OK and go forward. Then when the user clicks on the link to verify, he gets a message on the screen saying “Congratulations! Your registration is verified. Please login.”. Here is the next problem. Because The admin has created the account for the new users (admin typed the password for him), the user can not log-in because he does not know the password.
In case I am wrong, can someone explain to me when the email template “New Account” will be sent?
I use the latest version 9.2 and “Ad posting without registration:” is NOT checked.
What I really intended to do was:
– Add an ad for the users behalf whether the user already existing or new (by admin)
– And this new ad is can edit it later withing his account.
Thanks.December 4, 2018 at 10:16 #7526
“New account” email sent when ad posting is allowed without registration and visitor posts ad without account. He get ad posting verification email with activation link. When he clicks link ad will be activated and if there is no user with that email already in database then new user will be created with new auto generated password and will be sent to that user for managing an ad that he just posted.
Regarding adding new user by admin, approve checkbox is different than verifying email address. That is why verification email is sent to check if email address is working and can be checked by owner.
Regarding functionality that you want: It is not possible to add listing that will be linked to existing or new user account. Only way to link listing (ad,item) to user is logging in as that user. Which is only possible if you know password of that user. If you do not know password you can change it but then user should update their password because you cannot recover old password.