How to add more words to Language files.

ClassiBase classifieds script Forums Suggestions How to add more words to Language files.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ali Makmuk 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #3136 Reply

Ali Mamuk

Hi admin,

I would like to know how can I add more English words to translate in several other languages? (The words that are not listed in the original English language file.) If there is no way to do that currently, may I suggest you to add this feature? This is so useful.

#3158 Reply

If you are making custom theme and want to add new words to translate then use any wards and sentences in your theme with a __() (double underscore) function call like this (for example):

<a href="">Click to visit google</a>
    Convert to
    <a href=""><?php echo __('Click to visit google');?></a>

After adding all terms this way to your theme files:

1. Navigate to Settings -> Language page on Admin panel
    2. Click on Translate button next to language
    3. On opened page click on “Rebuild translations terms” button. This will scan all files for translation terms and will add terms in your files as well.
    4. Then click on “Display empty values” or search for term that you want to translate and write translation
    5. Click save to save changes. If changes are not shown correctly then refresh page because currently there may be some bug for not updating terms.

If you have further questions let us know, we will be happy to help.

#3172 Reply

Ali Makmuk

Thank you so much admin, I love this script!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How to add more words to Language files.
Your information:

This entry was posted on by .